We don’t actively support Internet Explorer
It appears that you are using Internet Explorer, which has been discontinued by Microsoft. Support has ended for versions older than 11, and as a result you may face security issues and other problems when using it.
We recommend upgrading to a newer browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, or Edge for a much better experience across the web.
While this site may work with Explorer, we are not testing and verifying it, so you may run into some trouble or strange looking things.
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is one of Canada’s leading independent publishers of books for the higher education market. We create books that make a genuine and lasting contribution to the evolution of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences. Our Women’s Press imprint is Canada’s foremost academic feminist publisher.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual with strong communication, customer service, and organizational skills to join our dynamic team, assuming the position of Sales Assistant. This position is based out of our downtown Toronto office and offered as a 1-year contract.
- Conducting extensive market research
- Maintaining Canadian Scholars’ CRM
- Managing incoming review copy requests; facilitating mailing
- Managing our in-house inventory
- Maintaining proactive customer service with customers, instructors, and bookstores
- Preparing Sales Reports for Publisher Reps and Management
- General Publisher Rep support
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent is preferred
- Sales and marketing experience would be an asset
- 1-2 years publishing experience would be an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
Compensation will be dependent on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Please submit applications in one pdf file to email@example.com by September 30, 2021.
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equality and diversity, and we encourage applicants from underrepresented communities. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.